Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mmmm...smooshed bananas

This morning I was feeding Julianna her breakfast of baby oatmeal and Gerber stage 2 banana baby food. The smell of the banana mush suddenly made me remember eating it when I was little. Only I remember eating it when I was 4 or 5 years old. Too old to be eating baby food. Maybe it was when my sister was a baby and mom shared some of her food with me. Or maybe it was because I wanted it and mom obliged. I was a little spoiled. And still am. Even now she makes me my own personal sized pea salad without onions. She's the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John thinks that I am spoiled, too, because both my mom and my grandma make/made special portions for me without nuts. Perhaps we have been catered to, but "spoiled" implies rotten; and, of course, neither one of us is that. Our matriarchs are just exceptional at making us feel loved. I wish that I were better at that.

MarmiteToasty said...

I had that same feeling yesterday when I opened the jar of baby food for the little 6 month old baby I am now childminding..... smells flutter around the shelves of ones mind just as much as other memories...

x

Jen said...

Marci, Kathy does it, too. Her potato salad without onions is so yummy.

Marmie, the same thing happens when I smell Irish Spring soap. It always reminds me of my grandma's house.