Monday, May 12, 2008

To The Nines

I had a doctor's appointment today and he happily announced that this baby would probably be my biggest one yet. Nine pounds he guessed. Not that I care how big she is, I'm have a c-section after all. But I don't really feel that big and have only gained 15 pounds since the beginning. And the way I figure it, if the baby weighs 9 pounds and then there's 4 pounds of other baby stuff, I will only have to lose 2 pounds later. Sounds good to me. Bring on the 9 pound baby!

5 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

My son was a 9-pounder. It was funny seeing him in the maternity ward next to all the other newborns. He looked like a giant.

Katrina said...

Katie was nearly nine pounds when she was born, and continued to rank off the top of the weight charts up until she started walking, then running. We have so many adorable photos of our "Michelin Man" baby that I treasure. There's something so sweet about those little pink rolls!

I can't wait to meet your little punkin! (By the way, you're not allowed to go into labor on our girls' weekend. Marci wrote it in the Rules.)

Ada said...

how do you think of the cutest titles to all your blogs? seriously. I am so glad you have c-sections. I bet you wouldn't be so calm if you didn't. I think 9pounds seems wonderful and little compared to the three boys in our lives.

Anonymous said...

My third baby and my only girl was also my biggest. The boys each weighed in at a whopping 5 lbs. 13 oz. Amelia was 6 lbs. 9 oz. Also, with each pregnancy I weighed less immediately after delivery than I did at conception. There is something to be said for 3 months of puking and then 6 months of healthy eating. Maybe I should try the healthy eating thing without the baby.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Wow, I was only almost 6 lbs when my Mom delivered me!

When is your expected date? I'm excited for you as well!