Monday, May 05, 2008

Showered With Blessings

First let me say that I have been extremely blessed lately. Yes, there are things that could be better. But all in all, I see the Lord at work in my life everyday through circumstances and the people I love. I was feeling especially blessed yesterday and am tearing up just thinking about the goodness in my life. Here's one of the reasons why.


Yesterday was my baby shower. And it was the best ever. My sister and mom did such a great job organizing everything and had the cutest pink decorations including streamers and balloons and made the yummiest punch complete with frozen teethers to keep it cold. My friend Kathy decorated the cake with beautiful butterflies to stick with the nursery theme. And Katrina organized the games which included diaper tossing, name ideas, and the all time favorite of mommies-to-be, the belly measurement guessing game. (Carrie's 12 inch guess has made us friends forever!)


And I was completely overwhelmed by all the ladies who were there. Over 40 ladies attended including church family and relatives. It was such an amazing outpouring of love and support. And the presents!!! Oh my goodness. Two tables were overflowing with gifts wrapped in ribbons and bows. And once I started opening them there was a huge explosion of pink. I received so many great things for the baby and the nursery. I now have pretty much everything I need to bring this baby home. And she will never be naked or cold because of all the clothes and blankets from all those who love our family. And Mom and Ada gave me a brand new glider rocker for the nursery full of lots of other baby necessities. I already tried it out and it's absolutely perfect. I almost fell asleep sitting there looking at the room where my new daughter will sleep and grow and be loved. I am just so very grateful for everything and for everyone who has been so good to me. In addition to all the great gifts at the shower, we have already been given a crib, stroller, car seat, swing, play pen, and tons of clothes from people in our lives who no longer need them.


And what I couldn't help but think on the drive home yesterday in my van filled to overflowing with baby stuff, was that I am so blessed. God knows what I need before I do and he provides every time. He wanted me to have this baby. He told me to have this baby. And he hasn't failed to provide in every way possible since she became a reality. I fought his will. I was afraid to have another child. But he has shown me once again that his way is best. His will is perfect. And following that will is the only way to live. And I have fallen in love with his will in the form of the baby growing inside me. Who will, by the way, be the best dressed in town.

No comments: